AC & DC Electric Motor and Hydro-Generator Repair
AEM offers complete AC & DC electric motor, generator and rewinding services from fractional HP to 5000HP. Our factory trained repair technicians have extensive experience with repairing, remanufacturing and rewinding all makes and models of AC & DC motors and generators.
AC & DC Electric Motor Repair
AEM has been in the motor repair business since our very beginning. We are limited only by our 35 ton high bay crane and 4160 full volt, no load function testing.
AEM will perform complete overhaul to repair to a new condition to include:
- Incoming inspections, electrical insulation testing, photographs, mechanical measuring of all fits and surfaces.
- Pressure wash cleaning and temperature controlled baking ovens ensure that all AC/DC motor parts are handled with extreme care and professionalism.
- All mechanical components are either pressure washed or set in our aqueous parts washing machine.
- Upon completion of cleaning and baking all AC/DC motor and generator windings are thoroughly inspected for deterioration, damage and wear.
- Complete full insulation testing such as Baker surge testing, hi pot testing, core loss and rotor bar inspection and testing.
- DC motors and generator inspection and testing.
We also provide:
- Commutator rebuilding and restorations including collector ring replacement and manufacturing.
- All rotating motors and generator components are always set up, die indicated and dynamically balanced to precision tolerances to assure our customers not experience any type of vibration issues from reconditioned components.
AC & DC Electric Motor In-House Motor Repair Capabilities:
- AC motor and generator repair up to 5000hp, 4160V
- DC motor and generator repair up to 500V
- 35 Ton lifting capacity
- Dynamic balancing up to 10,000lbs
- UL Certified
- Vibration Analysis
- Infrared Imaging testing
- Dip Tank
- Complete machine and weld shops
Our motor repair specialists can also perform onsite maintenance, inspections and repairs with preventative & predictive services; installations, repairs & laser alignments; and on-site dry ice blasting.
Hydro Generator Repairs
We have the capability to perform on site and in shop complete electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Generator inspections and testing
- Commutator and collector ring inspections and field machining
- Turbine component inspection, measuring, service and repair
- Turbine guide bearing repair and or replacement
- Babbitt sleeve bearing inspections, repairs – including complete re-babbitting capability
- Complete removal of turbine and generator components, return to shop
- Repair and restore all fits and clearances using our full machine shop and welding department.
- Wicket gate repair to like new conditions, including epoxy coating
- Complete runner sandblasting, cleaning, inspections, NDT testing for defects, cracks, etc.
- Weld and remachining of worn, broken or cracked areas
- Dynamic balancing
- Complete epoxy coating for erosion/corrosion resistance and increase operating efficiency.
- Gate arm, wicket links, servo-control systems, linkage, etc…
We also Provide:
- Complete rebuilding capabilities on site or in shop.
- Complete generator reconditioning and or rewinding of armature, field coils using our full motor/generator rewinding and repair department.
- Onsite laser alignment and vibration analysis with full documentation and reports provided.
We are also a factory authorized repair center for the following manufacturers:
We repair all of the following types of electric motors and generators:
- Explosion Proof
- Motor/Generator sets
- Variable speed
- Slip ring
- Custom and Specialty