AEM offers an in-house full service machine shop, so you are not left with long lead times waiting for parts to come in. We can manufacture the pieces ourselves. Our machine shop keeps to the precise measurements taken, so the end result is a finished product which in many cases fits and performs better than a factory replacement, if it were available.
We are equipped with a full service manual and CNC machine shop. This department’s main focus is to provide the capability to repair, restore, and/or manufacture new components to complement our Electro-Mechanical repair capabilities. 90% of the equipment overhauls we perform require some type of repair whether it is worn, bent, cracked, or broken.
We can manufacture any and all new components and parts using our manual and CNC lathes, machining centers, horizontal and vertical boring machines. Our shop is also fully equipped to perform OD and surface grinding and reverse engineering and manufacturing.
Our restoration capabilities include metal spraying, selective brush plating, machining a sleeve repair or weld overlay, and/or machining depending on application and material type etc.
- We have the ability to heat straighten or mechanical straighten bent shafts or frames.
- Bearing housing journals are restored using the machining and sleeving process or Boretech welding and machining.
- Cracked or broken cast components can be repaired using the Lock-N-Stitch process or oxyacetylene brazing or welded depending on type and material circumstance.
- Our 35 ton crane and large machine tools can handle most any size part from any type of equipment in any industry imaginable.
Our Machine shop Includes:
- Dynamic Balancing: up to 10,000 lbs
- Lathe Capacity: 63” Swing X 240” Centers / 48” Swing X 432” Centers
- Vertical & Horizontal Boring
- Vertical Press: Up to 200 Tons
- Horizontal Press: Up to 300 Tons
- Portable Hydraulic Press: Up to 100 Tons
- Key-seating – up to 3-1/2” X 30”
- Metal Plating
- OD Grinding and Polishing
- Blanchard Ginder
- Straightening Press: 200 Ton
- Portable Keyway Cutting Machine
- Vibro Stress Relieving
CNC Lathe Precision Machined parts:
- CNC Lathe: 30” Swing X 157” Centers
- 2013 Autodesk/ AutoCAD Engineering Design Software
- Mastercam X7
- Vertical Machining Center
Metal spraying, electro brush plating, Lock-N-Stitch
Lock-N-Stitch is a unique process of repairing cracked or broken castings. Unlike welding, Lock-N-Stitch repairs require no heat, therefore there is no warping, distortion or additional stress applied to the casting. The result is a repair which is stronger than the original factory design.