AEM offers full service welding shop and the specialized metal stitching.
Our fully equipped welding department is capable of performing all types of welding, repair and fabrication including arc welding, sub arc, flux core, TIG, MIG, brazing, Boretech welding along with vibro stress relieving – to help reduce stresses and cracks during and after welding.
As with our mechanical equipment repair department, if any component is found to be out of tolerance, AEM can restore and repair to a new or better condition in our complete machine and welding departments.
We can perform:
- Full metal spray repairs using the electric arc spray process using several types of coating along with selective brush plating
- Welding overlay and machining
- Machining and sleeving
- Press out damaged shafts from rotor or armatures
- Manufacturing replacement shafts and components using our manual and CNC machinery
- We can also do selective onsite machining and welding using portable boring, turning, milling and facing machine.
- Lock-N-Stitch is a unique process of repairing cracked or broken castings. Unlike welding, Lock-N-Stitch repairs require no heat, therefore there is no warping, distortion or additional stress applied to the casting. The result is a repair which is stronger than the original factory design.